Thank you First Alert Onelink for sponsoring this post. Onelink Safe & Sound – Meet Your Family’s New Best Friend. #ONELINKSTORY
Every parent’s dream smoke alarm has finally arrived and it’s the NEW Onelink Safe & Sound! Swap out any hardwired alarm for it in just minutes. Then you’ll not only have a smoke and carbon monoxide alarm, BUT a premium speaker AND Alexa-enabled device. It’s an easy upgrade to a cool high tech 3-in-1 safety gadget!
Every Parent’s Dream Smoke Alarm: The NEW Onelink Safe & Sound
We moved into our home about two and a half years ago, and one of the things that’s been on our never-ending to-do list ever since has been changing out the smoke alarms. They’re all within their expiration dates and work just fine when tested, buuuut, they’re old and ugly (and yellowing…yuck). Plus, they’re just your basic smoke-only alarm.
Since “smart” home gadgets are all the rage and my husband loves everything techy (remember our TV LED backlighting?), we decided to upgrade the alarm in our master bedroom to the new Onelink Safe & Sound!
I mean, we needed a smoke/carbon monoxide alarm anyway, so why not get one that includes awesome additional features that we’re bound to use all the time anyway? It seemed like a no brainer.
Now, we’re protected with a smoke AND carbon monoxide alarm, plus it’s a premium home speaker AND we can connect to Amazon Alexa with it (oh, and it’s also a cool nightlight…another fun bonus).
So Why is the NEW Onelink Safe & Sound So Amazing??
After first learning about the Onelink Safe & Sound, I was very excited to give it a try, and now that we’ve had it installed for some time, I have to say it really is a pretty incredible product:
- It’s an *intelligent* smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that sends notifications straight to our phones…great peace of mind when traveling.
- It’s a premium home speaker…this rocks for impromptu family dance parties with the boys!
- We can talk to Alexa with it, so there’s no need for an additional device.
- It’s also a nightlight, which is a must-have with little ones in the house.
- Installation was a breeze because there’s no need for rewiring…unless you’re my husband and do it for the thrill (more on this below).
- It can be controlled with apps on our phones.
If ever a parent dreamed of creating the perfect smoke alarm for their family (and what parent hasn’t with all their free time, right?), this would be it!
Safety + Sound + Info on Demand + Nightlight + Phone-Controlled + Easy Installation = Onelink Safe & Sound
How to Change a Hardwired Smoke Alarm to a Onelink Safe & Sound
Like I mentioned, the Onelink Safe & Sound is Alexa-enabled. We already have an Amazon Echo Spot in our kitchen, so we decided to install this in our master bedroom.
Here’s what’s included in the box:
- Onelink Safe & Sound unit
- Mounting bracket
- Two junction box screws
- Power connector and two adapter plugs (you only need to use one)
- Alexa Quick Start Guide
- User’s Manual
To change our *very* old hardwired smoke alarm to our new Onelink Safe & Sound, this was all we (or rather, my husband…thanks, honey!) had to do:
- Turned off the breaker to our bedroom
- Removed the old alarm and unscrewed its mounting bracket from the junction box in the ceiling
- Attached the Onelink Safe & Sound’s mounting bracket to the junction box
- Attached the power connector’s wires to the wires in the junction box and then inserted the other end into the Onelink Safe & Sound
- Note: My husband is a former Army aircraft electrician and likes to relive his glory days by playing with wires, so he chose not to use either of the adapter plugs and instead rewired it directly using the included power connector. Boys and their toys…
- Screwed on the Onelink Safe & Sound to the mounting bracket
And that’s all it took for the actual installation process! Ten minutes and we were finished, even without using the adapter plug.
The Onelink Home App
From there, we both downloaded the Onelink Home App on our iPhones then followed the guides to complete setup. They were very straight-forward and it only took a few minutes, and we can use the new app along with our Amazon Alexa and Home apps. SO convenient.
Quite the upgrade, huh?
Here’s a quick video highlighting all of the amazing features of the Onelink Safe & Sound:
If you’re in the market for a new dual smoke/carbon monoxide alarm that also has some awesome high tech gadgetry, definitely check out the Onelink Safe & Sound from First Alert!
If You Enjoyed This…
Make sure you check out my Project Gallery for lots of other crafty creations, freebies, and home improvement projects like these!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.