I love all things October and Halloween: the colorful foliage, the cooler weather, the costumes, and (of course) the CANDY!
Since this time of year is a favorite of mine, I thought it was only appropriate to make a wreath to display (I do also love me some wreaths after all!). I wanted this wreath to have the obvious orange and black color scheme, but also some bright purple and green scattered in to make it more playful and fun…just a tad bit untraditional, you know?
So one weekend I threw together this Halloween ornament wreath….and I think it looks just boooo-tiful! (Sorry, I couldn’t resist.) ;)
Halloween Ornament Wreath
- Styrofoam wreath form
- LOTS of ornaments in various sizes, colors, & textures
- Black floral leaves
- Spider web hanging decoration
- Floral wire
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
I made this wreath last year after buying all the supplies at Michaels. For the most part, it was made the same way I describe in my tutorial for making an ornament wreath. There’s no sense in reinventing the wheel, so if you want to know all the details from start to finish, check that out!
I’ve also made several other ornament wreaths including my:
- Fall Ornament Wreath
- University of Kentucky Basketball Ornament Wreath (Go Big Blue!)
- Christmas Ornament Wreath
- NFL ‘House Divided’ Ornament Wreath (Who Dey!)
- Yarn Easter Egg Wreath (ok, not ornaments, but I followed the same process)
For this wreath, however, instead of using a grapevine wreath form, I used a styrofoam one…and it reaffirmed my love for grapevine! Never again will I use anything other than grapevine….never again.
I actually cut the styrofoam in half (after seeing a Pin of course) to try and get two wreaths out of it. It worked but it was a PAIN….it took forever to slice in half and I got styrofoam all over me. If The Hubs had been home, he would have been performing this manual labor task for me, but I grabbed a knife and gave it a go on my own…..ugh, big mistake.
Moving on…. I first glued the orange and black ornaments on then went back and filled in some of the larger gaps with the purple and green ones (these technically aren’t ornaments….they’re actually vase filler, but they still worked perfectly for this project). I then added some black floral leaves and glued the spider decoration to the back. Lastly, a loop made of floral wire was attached to the back for hanging. I just love how it turned out!
If You Enjoyed This…
Here are some other DIY Halloween projects I’ve shared so far. Also check out my Project Gallery for tons’o’inspiration!
Thanks so much for stopping by!