This Valentine’s Day decor idea is perfect for school parties or in classrooms!
Colorful conversation hearts are personalized with each student’s name, and it makes a great photo backdrop too!
Valentine’s Day Decor for School Parties or Classrooms: Our Class is Full of Sweethearts!
My oldest son, Rowan had his Valentine’s Day party at school this week, and I helped out with the decor.
This however, was my first time making a piece of decor for a school party.
The only DIY project that I undertook for this shindig (aside from making Rowan’s monster Valentines to pass out) was creating a cute little wall decoration.
This project featured all of Rowan’s classmates’ and teacher’s names on some giant paper conversation hearts, as well as a banner that read “Our class is full of sweethearts.”
It was SO easy to make and made the cutest photo backdrop for the party!
It would also work great as a festive decoration for a classroom all February long!
Here’s what I used for this simple classroom Valentine’s Day decor project:
- Colored cardstock (12″ x 12″ sheets)
- Red vinyl or stickers
- Silhouette Cameo or scissors & hole punch
- Pink & white baker’s twine
- Removable mounting squares
- Mini clear Command hooks
How to Make This Easy Valentine’s Day Decor Idea
This is one of my rare craft tutorials where I don’t have step-by-step photos.
So sorry! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Honestly though, they’re not really necessary because this Valentine’s Day project is pretty straight-forward.
Here’s what I did:
- Cut out the hearts and banner words in colored cardstock with my Silhouette Cameo
- Cut out the names in some red vinyl (again using my Cameo) and applied them to the hearts with a strip of washi tape
- Hung the hearts and pink words on the party room’s wall using removable mounting squares, and the banner with a strand of pink and white baker’s twine on a couple of mini clear Command hooks
The Final ‘Our Class Is Full of Sweethearts’ Classroom Valentine’s Day Decor!
Here’s how everything looked displayed at Rowan’s Valentine’s Day party at school!
Super cute, no?
Rowan’s teacher was very happy with it and used it as a backdrop for a class photo, and lots of moms snapped their kiddos’ pics in front of it too.
A lovey dovey success, indeed. :)
Don’t Miss These Other Valentine’s Day Projects!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Valentine’s Day! ♥