I think one of the best parts about becoming a mom is being able to fully celebrate all the holidays again!! It’s like all the magic has been restored and sprinkled throughout the year. The little moments now become big moments, just like they were when I was growing up….full of wonder and surprise and celebration (and gifts!).
This upcoming Easter will be my son’s second, so I’ve been racking my brain, trying to think of things to include in his Easter basket. I think I’m having just as much fun planning this gift as Rowan will have receiving it!
[This post contains affiliate links.]
Now don’t get me wrong….chocolate, Peeps, jelly beans, and other candy goodness will fill his future baskets, but for night now, I’m wanting to include some more healthy treats as well as things that he’ll need or use anyways, but will still be fun additions….I mean, he’s a tot so he’s not going to be bummed when finding a pair of socks or toothbrush like a teenager would. ;)
Here are some ideas of fun little goodies that would work well in Easter baskets for toddlers (and most for babies, too!). They’re all small enough to fit in a basket, inexpensive, age-appropriate, and most of all, FUN!
Over 100 Toddler Easter Basket Ideas!
Great Resources for Easter Goodies
Here are some of my favorite places to shop for holiday fun:
- Amazon: HUGE selection of course and great deals, especially with Prime membership‘s free two-day shipping, or free shipping when you spend $35!
- Target: Obviously, right? They always have a cute selection of seasonal goodies in One Spot and their mini-seasonal department, and sweet digs in the infant/toddler department too.
- Zulily: I love snagging cute seasonal finds here (that’s where I got Rowan’s super cute personalized basket liner!), as well as kids’ clothing, shoes, and baby food….I just love good deals and often find great ones here.
- Ebates: Before I do any shopping online, especially with the three stores listed above, I always click through Ebates first. I just love getting rebate checks in the mail….it’s the easiest free money I’ve ever earned!
- Dollar Tree: Lots of cute little stuffers as well as great value on all those plastic eggs!
- Michaels: Love those dollar bins and fun crafts!
These are all items that are Easter and/or Spring related:
- Egg-Shaped Crayons, Sidewalk Chalk, Playdoh, & Shakers
- Stuffed Bunny
- Easter Book
- Annie’s Bunnies Snacks
- Hide & Squeak Eggs (Rowan got this last year and still plays with it!)
- Birdy Chirp Whistle
- Bunny Ears/Headband
- Easter Temporary Tattoos
- Bunny Finger Puppet
- Plate, Utensils, & Sippy Cup
- Personalized Spring Placemat
- Color & Cuddle Bunny
- Bunny Hare Brush & Comb Set
- Spring Rubber Duckies/Chocolate Easter Bunny Rubber Duckies
- Boo Bunny Comfort Toy
Here are some ideas for more year-round goodies that would still be great to include in an Easter basket:
- Sippy Cup/Training Cup (these kind are AMAZING!)
- Utensils (these are great starter spoons)
- ChooMe Pouch Soft Sip Tops (we’ve been using these since Rowan started eating real foods….totally recommend them!)
- Baby Food/Snacks
- Snack Cups
- Shopping Cart Snack Holder
- Personalized Placemat (we have these for both of our boys and love them….when they get dirty, just throw them in the washer and dryer!)
- Board Books (this set is my all-time fave!)
- Lift the Flap Books
- Touch & Feel Books
- Musical Books
- Sticker Books
- Bath Toys
- Bath Crayons
- Water Color Changing Tablets
- Bath Canvas & Crayon Set
- Hooded Towel
- Foam Letters/Numbers
- Bath Stickers
- Bubbles, Bubble Machine, & Bubble Gun
- Cars & Trains (Rowan’s current obsession!)
- Musical Instruments: Tambourine, Maracas, Percussion Block, Xylophone, Trumpet, Slide Whistle
- Finger Puppets
- Hand Puppets
- Wooden Magnets
- Card Games
- Playing Card Holder
- Fake Snow (great for kids that live in warmer areas!)
- Baby Buddy Secure-A-Toy
Art Supplies Fun
- Coloring Book
- Mess-Free Coloring Fun
- Easy-Grip Paint Brushes
- Washable Paint/Finger Paint
- Paper Pad/Paper Roll
- Art Smock
- Travel Doodler
- Swim Shoes
- Bow Tie
- Leggings/Leg Warmers
- Hair Accessories
- Fake Mustaches
- Temporary Tattoos
Personal Care Fun
Potty Training Fun
We’re just starting our journey into potty training, so I thought I’d include some things here that I’ve noticed while researching this topic that would be great to include in an Easter basket.
- Book (Rowan loves this one….and the pirate treasure stickers!)
- Tracker & Incentives/Rewards
- Potty Reminder Watch
- Floating Toilet Targets
- Sticky Toilet Targets (I made my own decals for Rowan’s personalized potty seat)
- Training Toilet Tablets
Rowan’s Easter Basket
Here’s what I’ve included in my little man’s Easter basket this year as well as where I purchased each item. I might add a few more things in before Easter Sunday, especially since Rowan is becoming obsessed with cars!
- Basket (Target)
- Personalized Basket Liner (Zulily last year….it actually arrived 10 days after Easter so we obviously didn’t use it, but Zulily told me to keep it, refunded my money, and gave me a $10 store credit for my inconvenience! You can also snag it at regular price at Etsy.)
- Bunny Ears (Zulily last year; also came with a matching blue bow tie which you can see below)
- Pirate Potty Potty Training Book (Amazon)
- Bath Puzzle (Target)
- Puffs (Target)
- Star Wars Light-Up/Sound Effects Toothbrush (Target)
- Toothpaste (Target)
- Triangular Crayons (Amazon)
- Coloring Book (Target)
- Stuffed Bunny (Target)
- Sunglasses (Target)
- Flip Flops (Old Navy….gotta love their $2.50 sandals!)
- Bubbles (Target)
Rowan’s First Easter Last Year
Here’s how adorable Rowan was as a nine-month-old last Easter with his bunny ears, matching bow tie, and his two baskets (of course the grandparents were going to spoil him too….they also gave him his busy board that my dad made for him!):
Since his basket liner didn’t show up in time (whomp whomp), I had to improvise with a dollar store basket, some ribbon, and a personalized bunny tag (which by the way was one of very first things I ever made with my Silhouette Cameo….and it started my obsession, as you can see in my Project Gallery).
My mom also purchased the cutest little costume for him….and if grandma buys you a blue bunny costume, you wear the blue bunny costume. ;)
And it’s not Easter until you have your picture taken with the Easter Bunny!
If You Enjoyed This….
Make sure you check out my Project Gallery for lots of other tips for moms as well as my crafty creations like these!
Thanks so much for stopping by!