I’m continuing my All Things Chalkboard series with today’s post. Here I’ll be sharing what I think are the BEST free fonts for birthday chalkboard posters….woot woot!
Soooo many people have reached out to me asking for specifics about particular elements on the birthday posters I’ve shared here for my son’s and niece’s first birthdays. I don’t know how many times I’ve been asked where I found the tooth dingbat, or the dotted line divider, or the birthday banner….I figured I might as well write up a post with all the info since so many people are interested!
While I don’t have the time to list every. single. element. I’ve used or do a visual display of all my favorites (sorry!), here are links to some of the fonts I frequently use in my digital chalkboard projects. Just click on the link and it will take you to a page where you can view all the characters on their character maps and download the font if you like what you see.
I’ve already shared some of these in my various posts detailing my favorite chalkboard fonts, but they’re being repeated here because I think they work especially well in birthday chalkboard posters. I’ve also used a majority of these (but not all) in chalkboard projects I’ve made in the past.
The Best Free Fonts for Birthday Chalkboard Posters!
First off, if you’d like to know how I make my birthday chalkboard posters, check out this full tutorial….I promise it’s easier than you think!
- Pea Jillybean’s Doodles
- Pea KT Doodles
- Pea Lauren’s Doodles
- Pea Snoflake Doodles
- Pea Stacy’s New Doodles
- Pea Family Joy Doodles
- Sleep on the Moon
- MTF Doodles
- Happy Day Dingbats
- JLR Toofy Grin (for the number of teeth, of course!)
- Janda Christmas Doodles (has some nice presents & music notes, or good for December babies!)
- KG Christmas Trees (same reason as above)
- KG Heart Doodles
- Janda Spring Doodles (has some cute animals and months March – June)
- Today I Feel (lots of cute face doodles)
- LoKinder Dingsbums (I used some of the dinos on my son’s first birthday invitation!)
- Boy Characters / Girl Characters
- LCR Party Dings
- FAD Omega Birthday Bats
- KR Birthday Cake! Dings
- KG A Little Swag
- KG All of the Stars
- KG Chasing Cars
- KG Royals
- Hanging Letters
- Paper Banner
- Party Time
- Viva La Fiesta
***Make sure you check out my tutorial for how to make a birthday banner for a chalkboard poster to learn how to really jazz up your design!***
- Bella K. Brackets
- Frames ‘n Ribbons
- KG Defying Gravity
- From This Moment
- It Was a Good Day
- Bergamot Ornaments (one of my faves….has great dividers, including the dotted line I frequently use)
- KG Flavor and Frames (also versions 2 through 7)
- Peax Webdesign Circles
Know of Other Great Fonts??
So did I miss any great ones? If so, please share in the comments below so I can add them to the list! I’ll also be updating this post as I come across new great fonts, so check back regularly!
All Things Chalkboard!
Like I mentioned, I have a series called All Things Chalkboard where I periodically share info on, well, all things chalkboard! Be sure and check it out for lots of other great tutorials, tips, and fonts, such as:
- How to Make a Birthday Chalkboard Poster
- How to Make a Birthday Banner for a Chalkboard Poster
- How to Make Your Own Chalkboard Poster on a Mac
- Fabulous & Free Chalkboard Fonts
- 50 MORE Fabulous & Free Chalkboard Fonts
- Awesome Free Dingbat Fonts for Chalkboards
- Plus lots more!
I’ve also compiled a list of my favorite sites that offer awesome FREE digital resources, some of which would be great to use with chalkboards! High-quality fonts, SVGs, backgrounds, digital scrapbooking, Photoshop fun….it’s all covered here! And most include commercial rights too!
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope these fonts help you in designing a chalkboard poster for a birthday boy or girl in your life!